The Official announcement of the first build of Jellybean 4.2 has arrived for Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 Smartphone. The reports earlier came into the market that Jellybean 4.2.1 is headed for AOSP development. As a result the first build is announced and in this post we will be helping to learn, how you can actually install this in your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 Smartphone.
Take the note, that this is not an Official firmware released by Samsung and it won’t be with any Official Jellybean versions because of its hardware limitations. However, you do not need to worry as developers are working hard to give you the best Jellybean 4.2 experience on your Galaxy S GT I9000 Smartphone.
There are some bugs which will be there as it is a custom ROM firmware, but you don’t need to get worried as they will be rectified in the coming update releases. Best part about this custom ROM is that it is on the latest Jellybean 4.2 and also all the apps are based on the Jellybean 4.2.1 firmware. We will keep you updated with the posts in coming days if at all there are any more new patch updates.
To whether see whether your device is rooted or not, you will have to download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store.
Let’s start with the detailed instruction but before that you would require to follow all the pre requisites which are mentioned below so you can be make sure that whole process of firmware updates gets done smoothly and successfully.
- While installing the update, there is a chance that the data might get lost or corrupted, so with the help of below mentioned steps you can create a backup of all your data. We would suggest you not to take the backup with the help of ROM Manager or with KIES as it may brick the device for which we should not be held responsible.
- SMS : Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts : Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log : Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files : Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings : Take the path Application > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Network > Access Point Name
- On the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging by choosing the option in your device. Once you are done with all this, disable the antivirus suits of your phone as it may interrupt the process of firmware update. Also, make sure that the battery life is not less than 40% as this may turn off the device in the middle of firmware update.
Please Take Note: We will not be responsible or liable for any problem occurred and damage happened to your phone due to not following the instructions.
Once you are done with all the above instructions, you can now see below where we have given you a detailed procedure on how to apply this firmware update in your Galaxy S GT I9000 Smartphone.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S GT I9000 with Jellybean 4.2 Firmware:
- You can download the Jelly bean 4.2.1 Firmware package from this link to your computer. Once you download it, connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then place these two zip files in your device.
- After placing these two files, disconnect the phone from computer and then download the “ROM Manager” app from Google PLAY Store. Open the application and grant the Super user access by tapping on the “Grant” option.
- From the ROM Manager application, select “Enter into Recovery Mode” and boot the device in the recovery mode or else you can also manually enter the device in the recovery mode by first turning Off the device. You can enter into the Recovery mode in Galaxy S GT I9000 manually by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, turn ON your device.
- When you are in the recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”. If you see that the device starts normally, then you will need to re try the process of entering the device in the recovery mode.
- Next step is to select “install zip from SD card” to choose the placed jellybean 4.2.1 Zip Package and Google Apps Package. For applying the update It will take around 3 – 5 minutes which is normal. However, please note that sometimes it may take more than expected time for updating the same.
- Now once the firmware is updated, select “go back” and select “reboot system now”. You can check on whether the firmware is updated or not, head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” for checking the same.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or show the home screen then you can remove the battery and reinsert the same to boot the device again in the normal mode and have to do the same process again.